High School & Middle School Twirling Club Practices
– These are for any student at any high school or middle school that plans to perform with the twirling club in the Fall. Each twirler is expected to be at all practices, unless out of town. There will only be three scheduled practices, and twirlers are encouraged to attend all of them. You must know the routine before August if you plan to preform during football season. The cost will be $60 for the entire summer, whether you attend all the practices or not.
The Basics of Baton Summer Camp
Session 1: June 13-16, 9 am – 12 noon
Session 2: July 18-21, 9 am – 12 noon
It is so exciting to be offering this camp this year. Here are some fun details:
– Camp will be located at the Historic Gym in Nolensville, TN
– Camp is offered twice this summer, once in June and once in July
– Camp is $160 per session
– Students can attend both sessions or just one
– Camp is for students in rising kindergarten and up
– This camp is for new baton twirlers (never twirled before) or students with less than one year of twirling experience
– Learn the basic techniques of beginning baton twirling, stretches, leaps and footwork used in baton
– Fun session playing with streamers and other types of batons such as hoop batons and flag batons
– Enjoy a craft time each day
– Snack time each day
– Make up your own baton routine to be preformed the last day of camp
– Free t-shirt to all students registered by May 1st
Each student will be responsible for bringing their own water and snack each day.
Batons may be purchased at the camp or can be borrowed. Batons will be sold for $30 each. No refunds or credits will be given for unused days.
Space is limited for each session.
Open Summer Clinics – Gives the twirlers a chance to improve their baton tricks and learn a few skills with some novelty batons, such as the hoop baton and flag baton. All ages are welcome to this clinic. The cost will be $20 per student. This is also a good class to bring a friend to introduce to baton.
– I will also be having additional specific skill clinics this summer. Each clinic is 30 minutes and the cost is $10 each, or $20 for two and $30 for all 3 clinics. These are for 4th grade and up.
Summer Private Lessons
– I will also be offering private lessons throughout the summer. You may attend once per week, bi-monthly, monthly or whenever your schedule fits. Private lessons are used to help students improve their twirling skills and move at a faster individual pace. Some twirlers use these lessons to learn routines that can prepare them for baton competitions. Competition is not a requirement to take a private lesson. This is a great opportunity if you have been away from baton for a few months and are looking to get back into the swing of twirling.
– I will be offering 30 and 45 minute lessons. The costs are $30 and $45 respectively.
Payment is due the day of the private lesson..
Venmo Payment: Venmo to April-Duncan-2